Wilshire 4500 Completion Index
The Wilshire 4500 IndexSM is a benchmark of the small and mid-cap (based on capitalization) companies in the U.S. equity market. The Wilshire 4500 is a float-adjusted, market capitalization-weighted index of the Wilshire 5000 Total Market IndexSM, less the companies in the Standard & Poor's 500 Index. The approximately 4,500 (assuming the Wilshire 5000® has 5,000) capitalization-weighted returns provide a helpful benchmark for extended fund managers. The Wilshire 4500 was created December 31, 1983.
- Wilshire 5000 companies with the S&P 500 companies removed
- Float-adjusted capitalization weighted
- Rebalanced monthly and when the S&P 500 is rebalanced
- Monthly history December 31, 1983
- Daily history from January 30, 1987
- Suggested exchange ticker: W4500